CNBC recently published an article on their Make It website that covers five hot resume tips for creating the ideal resume! The CEO of a resume writing service that reviews over a thousand resumes per year produced these tips. He found was that there are five essential and in-demand types of skills that candidates should put on their resumes that will resonate with potential employers.
Coincidentally, we here at Collinwood agree that all these tips are great considerations for our candidates to review and implement.
The Five Hot Tips
So, here they are:
- Remote Collaboration – Include use of common collaboration tools that you use in your remote or hybrid work environment. This includes tools, such as Zoom, MS Teams, Slack, and Trello.
- Critical Thinking – This refers to your ability to think clearly and rationally and understand the logical connection between ideas. Be sure to describe how you have used critical thinking skills to solve problems and overcome challenges.
- Digital Literacy – This refers to your knowledge and usage of common software tools, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs, social media sites, and more. Most employers want to see these to ensure you have a foundational skill set when it comes to using software.
- Data Analysis – Think about how you have used data and other information to solve a problem or get to and ideal outcome. This is really about problem solving.
- Skills Mapping – At least, this is what we call it here at Collinwood. Simply take the job description and tune your resume to the role. Be sure not to lie though! You need to back it up with skills and accomplishments that relate to the position. Also, consider creating different versions of your resume that are fine-tuned for different scenarios.
It is our hope that by incorporating these ideas into your resume, you will create a resume that is impactful and resonates with employers.
Remember, Collinwood offers a variety of employment options for most information technology skill sets. Once you’ve modified your resume using these five hot resume tips, check out our Open Positions and apply for your ideal position today!